Thursday, December 10, 2009

The conclusion of the matter

Five Truths:
1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
5. God's Word is alive and active.

This is taken from a Beth Moore study/book I read awhile back. (hopefully I didn't butcher them) Truths we need to take to heart, to believe with every part of our beings. I have no trouble believing the first two truths. Where the devil tries to get me is on number three. I often think I am not really enough in areas of my life.
God does hear my prayers. He has shown me that twice in the last 24 hours. He is at work all around me. I want to be an active part of that, not the one who misses the BIG picture focusing on my small part in the story. I want so much to live a life that matters. To be one that brings glory to the One. Honestly, what else matters?

Ecclesiates 12:13 "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

No comments:

Post a Comment