Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I give in...

So, I have been following several friends' blogs anonymously because I really wasn't sure I had enough to say on a blog, but I give in. After a lunch with a great friend, I decided to bite the bullet and start this thing. Please excuse me as it will take me awhile to learn how to put up a cute background and upload pictures quickly. (I usually leave that up to my husband, the pictures that is) So, here goes.

I just wanted to share one of our many stories of the boys, which I am sure I will forget one day. Bradley, our 6 year old, had red ribbon week last week at school. I didn't think much about it until we ran into his counselor at Hastings last Friday. We have known her for several years, so she came to share this story with us. She was in Bradley's 1st grade class talking with the kids about drugs and alcohol. He has a class full of "leaders with something to say", so each child had his hand raised wanting to outdo the other. The kids were talking about all sorts of things, so when Bradley was called upon he said, "Me and my dad drink beer some nights." (Please realize my husband is a youth pastor at a Southern Baptist church!) The counselor laughed to herself and just went on to the next student. So, I later asked Bradley, "Have you ever drank beer?" His answer, "Yeah, remember at church." We figure out he's referring to a parent/kid game night where they had rootbeer. We quickly try to explain you have to say the root part of root beer, that beer is bad, to which he loudly answers, "But, I like beer." We had a good laugh that night, and learned to call rootbeer "a&w" or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment